Sunday, August 18, 2013

Kidding Around Series ~ Awesome Ice Cream Toppings from the Pantry

Hi Everyone!  It's Mary from Sweet Little Bluebird!  It's my turn to share for our 'Kidding Around' series.  

With school starting on Monday for my girls and summer quickly coming to an end, I thought I'd share some fun toppings for ice cream to celebrate the last few days of summer.

Next time you go for a bowl of ice cream, check out what cereal you have in your pantry, sprinkle some on top...you and your family may find a few new favorite toppings!

Here are a few of our favorites...


Cereals to try for toppings:  Cocoa Krispies, Rice Krispies Treats Cereal, Cinnamon Toast CrunchCocoa Puffs, Reese's Puffs, Cookie Crisp, Apple Jacks, Captain Crunch - Berries & PB, Frosted Flakes, Grape Nuts, Fruit Loops, Trix, Granola...and so many more.

Like maple?  Pour a little maple syrup on top of vanilla ice cream, sprinkle some pecans or macadamia nuts!  Oh...my...word........so good!!! 

Like Fried Ice Cream?   Make some Cheater Fried Ice Cream!  So simple to make!  Head over to Sweet Little Bluebird for the easy recipe. 


If you have some unique fun toppings you and your family like to pour on top of your ice cream, please share! 

Don't forget to join us next week for more fun shares for our 'Kidding Around' series.  Be sure to join us for our Link Party....


Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Mary this is such a fun idea, the kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So easy and so fun! You totally got me with the Cocoa Pebbles one because..well it's just more chocolate!! Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to throw an ice cream party now! My family would be all over that. And I love the idea of using the Honey Bunches of Oats. Mmmmmm!!! Soo good!

    ReplyDelete